OSV Foundation News
One Small Voice Foundation Announces Launch of Young Associates Board
LOMBARD,IL (September 2, 2008)—Debbie Katzbeck, Founder/President of the One Small Voice Foundation, announced the creation of the Young Associates Board. “The energy and excitement the new associate’s board brings to the foundation is refreshing and we look forward to their success,” she said.
Lauren Krzystofiak, Young Associates Board Co-President, said, “I am very optimistic that the Young Associates Board will sponsor exciting events to raise money for ONH and Hydrocephalus research. We are really looking forward to the upcoming events, and are grateful to be involved in the One Small Voice Foundation Young Associates Board.”
Elected officers of the Young Associates Board are:
- Co-Presidents: Kathleen and Lauren Krzystofiak. Lauren Krzystofiak is entering her fourth year at Lake Park High School where she teaches Family and Consumer Sciences and coaches the girls swim team. Kathleen Krzystofiak is currently in her 3rd year as a school social worker at 2 elementary schools. When Kathleen is not working she enjoys spending time with friends and family as well as running and yoga. They are both excited to be members of the One Small Voice Foundation’s – Young Associates Board.
- Vice-President: Amanda Krzystofiak has a Bachelor of Science from Eastern Illinois University and is currently working as an Early Intervention Service Coordinator at Child and Family Connections. She just completed a year of volunteering along the West and Gulf coast of the US with a program called AmeriCorps*NCCC where she found out that she loves service. She was introduced to the OSV foundation through working with Zachary Katzbeck, one of the reasons this organization was started. Amanda is very excited to kick off the Young Associates Board and hopes to do a lot for the One Small Voice Foundation.
- Treasurer: Carrie Rogers just began her eighth year working as a special education teacher. She recently received her master's degree in counseling and plans to work with children and adults in her community. She is pleased to be a new member of the Young Associates Board and to have been elected as Treasurer. She is also really excited about the upcoming Family Fun Walk and hopes to see a lot of friends and family at the event.
- Secretary/Membership: Celi and Anton Dietzen. Celi Dietzen is an Occupational Therapist at Easter Seals DuPage. She has worked with the Katzbeck family for many years and sees Zachary as a bright point in her life. The Katzbeck’s have taught her so much and introduced her to the world of Bear and the Big Blue House. Celi likes playing with her dog, Maddie, and running. Anton Dietzen is currently studying to be a chiropractor. Anton has worked with the Katzbeck’s for a long time and says that Zachary is his inspiration and makes him want to help children just like him. In Anton’s spare time he enjoys wrestling, studying and outdoor activities.
- Event Chair: Megan Frawley is an Eastern Illinois University graduate. In 2007 she ran Chicago Marathon for the One Small Voice foundation and is happy to have the opportunity to work closer with the foundation through the Young Associates Board. She is happy to have been nominated Event Chair and looks forward to planning a fantastic first YAB Event!
The Young Associates Board is welcoming new board members. If you have any questions or want to join us, please contact Amanda Krzystofiak at Krzystofiak@gmail.com or Kathleen Krzystofiak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The One Small Voice Foundation was formed in August of 2000 by Debbie and Kevin Katzbeck to raise funds and awareness for pediatric research being conducted on optic nerve hypoplasia and hydrocephalus. The One Small Voice Foundation is a 501c3 organization and donates funds raised to Children’s Hospital Los Angeles and Children’s Memorial Hospital Chicago.
Media Contact: Debbie Katzbeck, 630.620.6637
HSM OTSP Donation Praised
SANTA MONICA, CA (April 29, 2006)—HSM Electronic Protection Services’ (ed. note: now Stanley Convergent Security Systems) sponsorship and $15,000 donation, at OSV’s 2006 Open Toe Shoe Party in Santa Monica, CA, was named Good Deed of the Week by SecurityInfoWatch.com.
Enjoy a video presentation documenting our April 2, 2005, Open Toe Shoe Party in Los Angeles, CA. (Running time: 5 mins. 10 secs.)
CHICAGO, IL (May 21, 2005)—The Love is Blind gallery exhibit and auction at Around the Coyote Gallery in Chicago’s Bucktown neighborhood on May 21 was a great success. The event showcased the inspiring artwork of eleven visually impaired and blind students and their companions from Farnsworth School in Jefferson Park. A silent auction of works donated by over two dozen local artists raised funds for both the One Small Voice Foundation and for a “Love Tour” of the children’s paintings to children’s hospitals throughout the country.
You can watch the students and teachers of Farnsworth School in the video below as they begin the Love Is Blind project at Gallery 37 in Chicago. Produced and directed by Karen Carter for OSV. (Running time: 8 mins. 11 secs.)
Thank You, 101.9 The Mix!
LOMBARD, IL (December, 2005)—OSV extended a special thank you to 101.9 FM The Mix radio station in Chicago. Said OSV Founder/President Debbie Katzbeck, “We are proud to have the Mix’s Eric, Kathy, Melissa, Swany, Barry, MaryEllen and the Big Karwowski as friends of the Foundation and Children’s Memorial in Chicago. In 2005, we were blessed to be the recipients of The Mix’s annual CD box set proceeds, to have their support doing PSAs for all of our events, and to have the Road Crew at our 5K walk. The Mix is family to the One Small Voice Foundation, and we thank you for all of your support to us and to the Children’s Memorial Hospital Radiothon. We love you and you are all amazing!”
If you missed them on the radio, click the links below to hear clips of Debbie, Kevin, Zachary and Benjamin broadcast during the Children’s Memorial Hospital Radiothon on August 13 and 14, 2004.
For more news, check out the online editions of our newsletters in Acrobat PDF format.